Thank you so much to Estee at Masktime for sending me these to review! It is one of my favourites, having been a subscriber for a while prior to taking on this collaboration for Boxession! For those of you who are unfamiliar with MaskTime, they are a KBeauty Sheet Mask Subscription box. KBeauty is light years ahead of the rest when it comes to skincare, and their masks are second to none. I have never tried a KBeauty sheet mask I didn’t like! There are a couple of different options for subscriptions, which I will go through a little later.
For now, you can catch the video of my unboxing of them both on our YouTube channel now (and subscribe if you haven’t already!):
They have revamped their packaging too- they now come in a metallic resealable bag, rather than a box, which will definitely save the dreaded read card from the postie if you are not in to receive it!
The theme is always the same for both subscription options, and this one is ‘Love The Skin You’re In’.
I will review Glow Starter first, followed by Glow Setter!
So, what was in this month’s Glow Starter?
The first mask was Ballon Blanc- Blanc Therapy Tea Tree Sheet Mask (RRP £3.00) is made for stressed out skin. It gives spa like vibes with skin healing and hydrating properties to soothe acne and blemishes whilst reducing irritation. Your skin love these ingredients:
- Tea Tree, which is an anti-inflammatory that heals damaged skin whilst soothing redness and irritation.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf, which is high in anti-oxidants to calm down angry skin whilst smoothing and hydrating at the same time.
I really liked this mask- I can sometimes get the odd spot breakout, especially under times of stress or at certain times of the month (you know what I mean ladies!) and this mask really helped to calm my skin down and reduce a couple of blemishes on my chin too.
The second mask was Beyond- Herb Garden Rose Hip Mask (RRP £3.00) which is made with natural herbs to give you fresh and healthy skin. It uses the power of botanical extracts to intensely moisturise and rejuvenate tired and dull skin to leave it firm and elastic. Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Rose Hip Oil helps to reduce areas of pigmentation and is also a powerful anti-ageing ingredient too.
- Ceramide restores moisture lost to the environment and reinforces the skins natural barrier.
The packaging on this mask is truly beautiful- KBeauty know what they are doing when it comes to making their products look good! I am yet to try this mask, but as I turned 29 recently and this is good for anti-ageing, it won’t be long until I try it out- prevention is better than the cure!
The third mask was LS Cosmetic- Co Enzyme Q10 Essence Mask (RRP £3.00) which is packed full of rich vitamins and minerals to repair damaged skin and enhance elasticity so you are glowing in no time. Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Co Enzyme Q10, which is a natural product in our bodies that helps to improve the signs of ageing and soothes the skin.
- Amino Acids have amazing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to increase the skins defensive barrier and brighten the complexion.
Again, this sounds like a mask that is going to help me to fight off any early signs of ageing that may start to appear. I am looking forward to seeing the results from this!
The fourth and final mask was Goodal- Quince Infused Honey Mild Sheet Mask (RRP £3.00) which is a gentle and environmentally friendly mask made from bamboo! It is formulated to moisturise and soften the skin with cold pressed ingredients that are bursting with vitamins and goodness that soak into the skin to bring vitality and hydration. Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Quince is a fruit that contains high amounts of Vitamin C which helps with inflammation and brightens the skin.
- Jeju Honey from the beautiful island of Jeju (that Hawaii of korea!), it helps to fight bacteria and reduce acne.
I love honey in skincare, it really suits my skin and makes it feel so soft and smooth. I absolutely loved this, it made my skin glow and look radiant!
So a total of £12.00 for this subscription.
So onto the Glowsetter now!
The first mask was S+ Miracle- Korean Traditional Recipe Mask for Moisturising (RRP £3.00) This is based on a traditional recipe founded in a historical medical journal called Dongui Bogam, which was compiled by a royal physician to give you the healthiest skin ever. Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Safflower Extract improves circulation and texture.
- Cinnamon Bark Extract minimises the appearance of pores and improves elasticity.
- Ginseng Extract is an antiageing ingredient that promotes healthy skin cells and is a powerful antioxidant.
Again, this mask exceeds all expectations and leaves my skin feeling so soft and healthy. I also really liked how this fitted my face so well too.
The second mask was Frienvita- Aqua Peeling Filtering Mask Centella Vita H (RRP £3.50) which helps to block out the bad and filter in the good. It blocks harmful environmental factors from damaging the skin whilst still filtering in all the good ingredients the essence has to offer. Speaking of which, your skin will love these ingredients:
- Vitamin H helps to soften skin and is a gentle exfoliator to reveal a youthful glow.
- Centella Asiatica strengthens the skin, reduces the appearance of blemishes and heals irritated and damaged skin.
I have yet to try this, but I have it on the top of my pile for my next pamper morning. I love masks that multitask- this one exfoliates and moisturises too.
The third mask was Labotica- True Nature Green Tea Pore Clearing Mask (RRP £3.00) which focuses on providing your skin with purifying and skin soothing ingredients, meaning you are minutes away from clean and healthy skin. Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Green Tea contains polyphenols and six different types of catechins to prevent UV damage, fight premature ageing and redness caused by inflammation.
- Chamomile helps eliminate acne scars and breakouts whilst protecting your skin from free radicals.
I love the sound of this mask- anything that keeps my pores clean and healthy is a winner for me!
Mask number 4 was Round Lab- Apple Peeling Mask (RRP £3.00). An apple a day keeps the wrinkles at bay! This is an exfoliating and skin softening mask to give your skin a revitalised and smooth feel! Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Apple Fruit evens out rough skin textures on the skin as the enzymes help to gently exfoliate dead skin cells on the surface of the face.
- Niacinamide, also known as Vitamin B3, which improves overall skin tone leaving you looking brighter and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
I have never thought of using apples in skincare before but this sounds amazing. Apples are great for our insides, so why would they not be great for our skin too? I cannot wait to try this out!
The fifth mask was The Saem- Natural Gold Kiwi Mask Sheet (RRP £3.00) which is an ultra-hydrating and replenishing mask infused with nutritious gold kiwi extract that promotes smooth skin and complexion! Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Gold Kiwi is high in Vitamin C to help fight dark spots from sun damage and ageing as well as being rich in Vitamin E to boost collagen and protecting from free radicals.
- Licorice Root has skin soothing properties to calm sensitive skin and improve the look of uneven texture.
I have never actually heard of golden kiwi, so this is a new discovery for me! My skin was practically glowing after using this- I may have to repurchase!
Mask number 6 was SNP- Fruits Gelato Moisture Mask Coconut (RRP £3.50) which not only contains coconut extract but also has that beautiful coconut aroma that brings you to a place of pure bliss. Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Coconut Milk is rich in Vitamin C to help maintain elasticity as well as containing copper which prevents wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
- Willow Bark provides gentle exfoliation for more radiant skin, helps to reduce acne and balances oil production.
- Aloe Barbadensis soothes the skin and serves as an anti-inflammatory to help reduce acne scarring and protects from UV damage.
I absolutely love the smell of coconut and this mask made me feel like I was on a tropical island for the 15 minutes I had it on. I was super impressed with the results and how my skin felt afterwards.
The seventh and final mask was Lyajin- Yun Mask Hydrating (RRP £4.50) and it keeps your skin revitalised and moisturised. It has Chitosan extract contained in the ampoule of the mask that allows the skin to quickly absorb the watery essence whilst cleansing the skin from unwanted bacteria and oil. Your skin will love these ingredients:
- Peppermint Leaf leaves a cooling sensation that helps reduce puffiness and inflammation.
- Lavender is famous for its antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties; it soothes the skin whilst removing impurities.
- Sage Leaf is known for eliminating toxins, diminishing the appearance of blemishes and acne scars as well as soothing dryness and irritation.
I love anything that soothes my sometimes sensitive skin and keeps it healthy and moisturised, so I am very much looking forward to using this!
So a total of £23.50 for this option.
This box has 2 options monthly.
The Glowstarter box is more of an introduction to Kbeauty sheet masks and is an extremely affordable £9.95 per month, with free shipping. This has 4 masks a month.
The Glowsetter box is £24.99 per month, again with free shipping. This has between 8-10 masks and is for the mask addicts amongst us (raise your hand, I won’t judge!).
Both boxes are shipped on the 2nd of the month and you can cancel anytime. It is billed monthly and there are no cancellation fees or hidden costs. The last day to order this box is the last day of the month.
But wait, there’s more!
We have an exclusive discount code! BOXESSIONX gives you a whopping 15% off your first box!
Once again, Masktime manage to deliver an amazing selection of masks for me to pamper myself with and take the best care of my skin. I could not love this subscription more if I tried. The chance to pamper, have some time for yourself and recharge with some high quality KBeauty sheet masks that suit the time of year perfectly! I sometimes struggle to know what my skin needs month to month but for some reason, Masktime knows! I am a mask addict, and this box fulfils all my needs and more. Who doesn’t want some well-deserved pamper time?
If you want to get in on the action (and why wouldn’t you?!), then here are the links you need:
Thank you for reading!