Thank you so much to Estee at Masktime for sending me these to review! It is one of my favourites, having been a subscriber for a while prior to taking on this collaboration for Boxession! For those of you who are unfamiliar with MaskTime, they are a KBeauty Sheet Mask Subscription box. KBeauty is light years ahead of the rest when it comes to skincare, and their masks are second to none. I have never tried a KBeauty sheet mask I didn’t like! There are a couple of different options for subscriptions, which I will go through a little later.
For now, you can catch the video of my unboxing of them both on our YouTube channel now (and subscribe if you haven’t already!):
They have revamped their packaging too- they now come in a metallic reseal able bag, rather than a box, which will definitely save the dreaded read card from the postie if you are not in to receive it!
The theme is always the same for both subscription options, and this one is ‘Tis the Season to Sheet Mask- Merry and Bright’.
I will review Glow Starter first, followed by Glow Setter!
So, what was in this month’s Glow Starter?
The first mask was something a little different, but in a good way! DEWY Shea Butter Special Therapy Foot Mask (RRP £3.50) will make your feet as smooth and soft as the proverbial babies’ bum! It is perfect to use during the winter, when the weather is colder because this can dry out the skin. Also- your feet need some TLC too! Your skin will love:
- Shea Butter to provide relief from itchy and peeling skin, restore elasticity and soothe cracked skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid to reduce the signs of aging and protect the skin’s barrier.
I love to use foot masks, I am on my feet a lot with work- walking around, driving and also when I am in the gym or exercising at home and I guess we all tend to neglect our feet. So I cannot wait to stick this on and put my feet up to give them some well-deserved, and overdue, TLC!
The second mask was Faith in Face Cica Jelly Mask (RRP £3.00) Ever heard of ‘Tigers Remedy’? Well, it is known that Tigers in the wild rub CICA (which is a type of plant) against their bodies to heal wounds. This jelly mask is breathable, non-sticky and non-dripping! Your skin will love:
- Centella Asiatica (CICA) to help heal redness and irritation to reveal calm and clear skin.
- Tea Tree, which is a known anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial that helps to reduce swelling and redness as well as acne scars.
I loved this- jelly masks are some of my favourites as they always leave my skin absolutely glowing afterwards- plus they are fun to use! I also adored the packaging too- typical of KBeauty, the packaging is just so cute and quirky!
The third mask was Holika Holika Pure Essence Mask Avocado (RRP £3.00) which is deeply moisturising for flaking skin and redness whilst increasing elasticity for a smooth and even complexion. Your skin will love:
- Avocado, which calms itchy, red skin as well as healing and replenishing lost moisture and creating a shield from UV rays.
- Olive Extract, which helps to prevent premature aging as well as being an anti-bacterial and deeply moisturising ingredient.
I have to say- I much prefer avocado on my skin than on my plate! Whilst it may not be my favourite thing to eat, it certainly does work wonders on my complexion and this mask did smell lovely too!
The fourth and final mask was The Face Shop Real Nature Ginseng Mask (RRP £3.00) This mask is drenched in Red Ginsent extract essence to give you a revitalised and healthy complexion. Your skin will love:
- Panax Ginseng Root, which maintains skins elasticity, lengthens the lifespan of skin cells and provides the skin with vital nutrients.
- Cocoa Extract, which is a known anti-oxidant powerhouse that limits the production of free radicals that damage the skin cells whilst also helping to restore some youthful energy to the skin. God knows, do I need that!
I have not yet used this- I am all masked out for this review!- but it sounds like the perfect mask for when I am a little run down and tired to restore some life back into my skin!
So a total RRP of £12.50 for this subscription.
Now, onto the Glow Setter!
The first mask was 17DERMA Pibuwang Mask Rest (RRP £3.50) Rest and relax with this vegan mask that will soothe and calm skin with 17 non-irritating ingredients that also help to strengthen the skins barrier. Your skin will love:
- Allantoin, which helps to promote cell regeneration and is also a natural exfoliant.
- Calendula Officinalis provides healing and protecting properties.
This is such a soothing mask- my skin can be quite sensitive, especially when the weather is cold- and the cute packaging with a cat had me sold before I even applied the mask.
The second mask was Dearpacker Lily Honey Mask Soothing (RRP £4.00) This is a non-sticky, 100% natural flower sheet mask soaked in a dense silky honey essence that gives moisture and protection to the skins surface. Your skin will love:
- Propolis, which is a great anti-bacterial and hydrating ingredient.
- Lily, which soothes sensitive skin and eliminates toxins.
I have not yet used this, but honey is one of my favourite ingredients in skincare and the packaging is just beautiful
The third mask was Etude House Moistfull Collagen Mask (RRP £3.50) This mask has super small collagen water particles in a thin jelly type mask to penetrate deep into the layers of the skin to keep you plump and dewy all day. Your skin will love:
- Hydrolysed Collagen which helps to improve the look of wrinkles and firms sagging skin.
- Grapefruit that is rich in antioxidant Beta Carotene to leave skin radiant and revitalised.
I am planning on using this on my next mask day. I turn 29 next month and am very aware that I need to start thinking about the early signs of aging, so this will definitely be helpful.
The fourth mask was Faith In Face Prestige Platinum Mask (RRP £4.00) This mask is so extra! It is made of premium foil on the outside and tencel fibre on the inside. This mask is hypoallergenic, so is suitable for sensitive skin. Your skin will love:
- Pearl to brighten dull skin, rebuild collagen and increase the skins moisture levels.
- Colloidal Platinum to revitalise the skin, as well as being a natural anti-oxidant.
- Portulaca Oleracea, which provides soothing and moisturising properties.
I adore the retro packaging of this mask. Again, this will be helpful to prevent the early signs of aging.
The fifth mask was Nature Republic Real Nature Hydrogel Mask Argan (RRP £3.00) This ultra-hydrating gel sheet mask helps to repair and maintain your skin’s natural firmness. It is enriched with naturally derived ingredients to help your skin feel hydrated and protected. Your skin will love:
- Argan treats acne and blemishes, reduces skin inflammation and restores elasticity to the skin.
- Paeonia Suffruticosa Root, which aside from being hard to pronounce, is an anti-oxidant that stimulates circulation and cell renewal.
- Centella Asiatica (CICA), which calms and soothes redness and irritation.
Argan is something I use on my hair as well as my skin, it is just a nourishing ingredient. My skin absolutely loved this mask- may be a repurchase for me.
The sixth mask was The Face Shop Mask.Lab Lift Up Face Mask (RRP £3.50) This is a 2 step mask that consists of a lift up mask sheet and lift up elasticity band. The tightening effects help to lift up the jawline whilst nourishing the skin deep within. Your skin will love:
- Collagen Peptides help to reduce wrinkles and increase skin hydration.
- Adenosine is a yeast derived ingredient that soothes and restores damaged skin.
There are some instructions for how to use this on the product card- it sure sounds intriguing and unlike anything I have ever tried before! I can’t wait to give it a go!
The eighth and final mask was Ultru I’m Sorry For My Skin ph 5.5 Jelly Mask Relaxing (RRP £3.00) This is formulated to maintain the oil and water balance of your skin, as well as soothing the irritated skin and returning your skin to its naturally healthy condition. Your skin will love:
- Aloe is a powerful anti-inflammatory and helps to soothe and heal skin.
- Green Tea fights premature aging, moisturises skin and treats acne.
I have used a mask from this brand before and absolutely loved it, so I was expecting the same from this. I wasn’t disappointed! My skin felt calmed, soothed and softened.
So a total of £24.50 for this subscription.
This box has 2 options monthly.
The Glowstarter box is more of an introduction to Kbeauty sheet masks and is an extremely affordable £9.95 per month, with free shipping. This has 4 masks a month.
The Glowsetter box is £24.99 per month, again with free shipping. This has between 8-10 masks and is for the mask addicts amongst us (raise your hand, I won’t judge!).
Both boxes are shipped on the 2nd of the month and you can cancel anytime. It is billed monthly and there are no cancellation fees or hidden costs. The last day to order this box is the last day of the month.
But wait, there’s more!
We have an exclusive discount code! BOXESSIONX gives you a whopping 15% off your first box!
Once again, Masktime manage to deliver an amazing selection of masks for me to pamper myself with and take the best care of my skin. I could not love this subscription more if I tried. The chance to pamper, have some time for yourself and recharge with some high quality KBeauty sheet masks that suit the time of year perfectly! I sometimes struggle to know what my skin needs month to month but for some reason, Masktime knows! I am a mask addict, and this box fulfills all my needs and more. Who doesn’t want some well-deserved pamper time?
If you want to get in on the action (and why wouldn’t you?!), then here are the links you need:
Thank you for reading!