Who’s ready to find out more about this exciting new box?! I know I definitely am! Thank you to Liv for sending me the launch box for letterbox lashes. They launch on June the 10th so this is the perfect opportunity to all find out more about this box together before it launches.
Letterbox lashes is a monthly subscription box in which you receive 4 pairs of false lashes. These can be re used if well looked after meaning they will last you AT LEAST one month, even longer with the proper care. It arrived via royal mail in a letter sized box so no need to worry about being home to receive it! Woop woop, no red card from the postie! These lashes are all cruelty free which is a great plus! None of us like fur babies being treated badly, there is no need to worry about that with this subscription box. Liv spent time and effort finding great quality lashes that are cruelty free and I believe people will really appreciate this. When I first opened the box I saw a personalised note which is a lovely gesture and shows how much the founder cares about her subscribers, I think it is great Liv appreciates her customers.
OK, time to see what I got in this new box. If you missed my live unboxing on the Boxession Facebook group you can watch it back here on our YouTube channel:
Day lashes – Shar and Isla
Night lashes – Lexi and Charlotte
Eyelash glue with ingredients list (great for people with allergies/sensitivities)
These are all clearly labelled so you know which ones are which. However there is no need to stick to the rules of which ones are for day/night; it is all about being rebellious when it comes to beauty! Embrace your mood and show that through your make up and lashes. You do you boo! As you can see from these pictures they are all different styles and very versatile.
Letterbox lashes is ONLY £10 a month with FREE DELIVERY! Who doesn’t love free delivery! It has to be the worst feeling when you pop items in your bag online then realise shipping is extra; I usually close the tab and end up not buying. With the price including postage you have no extra surprise charges at the checkout. I cannot believe the price of this box as I would normally spend around £20 on 4 pairs of lashes, plus delivery! This box is £10 and is delivered to your door every month with no hassle. You are definitely getting your money’s worth with this box.
Considering this box is so affordable I didn’t expect much packaging wise. However I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived in a baby pink box with the Letterbox Lashes logo on the front. It is very pretty and girly! Inside were the 4 pairs of lashes each in their own pink container. As well as the eyelash glue with ingredients list in its own separate pink gift bag. All of these were surrounded by baby pink tissue paper, as you can probably tell this box is very pink! Love, love, love it! It made me feel like getting dolled up to the nines and try out all the lashes.
So I know a lot of you have expressed how difficult you find it to apply false lashes (I did too when I first started). It takes time and patience to apply them but don’t worry it will get easier each time you try. Personally I learnt by watching MANY YouTube videos, I must’ve spent hours watching and then practising myself. I will give you some tips and tricks that may help you, feel free to try them and let me know how you get on!
- Make sure you have a pair of tweezers handy as it makes the application easier.
- Firstly hold the false lashes up to your natural lashes to make sure they are the right length. You may need to cut them down if they overhang on the inner/outer corner of your eye. Always cut them down from the longer end as it will look more natural when applying.
- Now they are the right size, apply the eyelash glue along the strip of the lash. Then wait for the glue to start going tacky, usually about 30 seconds. Whilst you are waiting you could curl your lashes to help them take shape to the false ones.
- Once the glue is tacky grab the false lashes in the middle with your tweezers. The best way to apply them on yourself is to look down and place on top of your natural lashes, getting close to your lash line so it blends seamlessly.
- Now you have placed them on your natural lashes, use the tweezers then crimp down the outer edge. This ensures the falsies are held in place against your own lashes.
- Do the same with the inner corner of your eye too. You can use your tweezers to do this or your fingers if that makes you more comfortable.
- Once they are in place be sure to let them dry before touching them again in case they move.
- Repeat on the other eye and admire your beautiful new lashes!
I know these steps are easier said than done. I suggest setting enough time aside if you are applying false lashes for the first time so you do not have to rush and can go at your own pace. Make a brew and go for a wee beforehand so you are ready to sit down and apply comfortably.
My thoughts on the box:
I found all of these lashes easy to apply and the glue is strong enough to hold them in place. I would recommend being generous with the glue on both corners of the lash as this helps them to stick better. It is great that the glue included in the box is good quality as it makes the process easier. After trying each style of lash for a long period of time they all stayed on and in place. The only thing I would say is that the day time style lashes are slightly more comfortable than the night time ones as they are lighter. When wearing the night style lashes I could definitely feel them on, I didn’t mind this personally but just a warning for those of you that do, the day time style lashes may be better for you! I had a few ladies ask what lashes I was wearing and how great they looked which was a wonderful confidence boost. I will attach some pics for you to see what the false lashes looked like on!
For only £10 this box is an absolute bargain and I think it will do very well. I would 100% recommend to anyone looking to play around with false lashes and especially eyelash addicts! Remember they launch on the 10th of June but you can pre order now if you contact Letterbox Lashes on their social media.