I am no newbie to Birchbox. I have stopped and started subscriptions with them several times over the years. In my opinion, they seem to have upped their game again recently. I re subscribed in March, so this is my second box of the year.
Birchbox contains 5 items per month, usually a mixture of Full Size and travel sized premium Beauty Brands.
The one thing that makes Birchbox stand out above the other similar players in the world of Beauty Boxes is their points system. 100 points = £10 to spend in their Birchbox shop. Last month I got 62 points, the way you earn these is by reviewing your box every month either on their website or the app. It is very simple to do and only takes around 5-10 minutes of your time. Once you have £10 in points you can redeem them. Some people often wait until they have £30 worth to enable them to get free shipping too. It is worth mentioning that the points expire after 6 months, so ensure you use them before.
So whats in the Box?
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics High Definition Powder FULL SIZE RRP £27
- ModelCo Eye Define Crayon Liner FULL SIZE RRP £11
- Polaar IcePure Gentle Scrub with Arctic Cotton 30ml travel size (RRP £23.50 for 75ml full size) worth £9.40
- Luseta Beauty Keratin Smooth Conditioner 40ml travel size (RRP £19 for 100ml full size) worth £7.60
- Baija Paris Creme Moana 30ml travel size (RRP £15.90 for 75ml full size) worth £6.36
- Blue Leather Boden card holder RRP £15
TOTAL Box Value = £76.36
What I paid £12.95 for the box including postage plus £8 one off fee for the card holder = £20.95
I also got a £10 voucher to spend on Boden website – I will be having a look as there does not seem to be a minimum spend on the terms of the voucher. I have never bought from Boden before.
It is not my favourite box at the moment, but the points system is very good and its not the worst Beauty Box out there. I will use half of what is in the box and the rest will go into my charity box or onto my group to be swapped so I am not unhappy with what I have got this month.
To sign up to Birchbox, you can get £5 off (50% off) your first box with Birchbox via the Beauty Box Swap Shop link below: